We are nuts for our bulk nuts at Freshlife!
We know you will be too!
No matter if you need them for a recipe or need to satisfy your crunchy cravings, the Freshlife selection of bulk nuts (see below) is worth the trip.
Looking at the list you might be saying, "but some of these are not true nuts."
True nuts include pecan, sweet chesnut, beech, acorns, hazel, hornbeam, and adler, because there are a "simple dry fruit, with one seed in which the seed case wall becomes very hard at maturity."
So the peanuts, almonds, and cashews listed below aren't nuts.
Have you ever wondered if there's a story behind nuts behind that satisfying "crunch" and "mmmmm"?
Leave it up to foodtolive.com to provide some fun facts:
1) Did you know that cashew shells are poisonous? Cashews themselves are full of benefits but as it turns out, cashews are part of the poison ivy family! Luckily the poison is in the shell -- the nuts are perfectly safe.
2) Gut health is a big deal for many and really needs to be a priority for everyone. Enter almonds...delicious and nutritious, and they improve your gastrointestinal tract. Dieting or at least trying to watch your weight this holiday season? Almonds are considered the best nut for diets since they help you feel full.
3) Interested in your heart health and boosting your memory? Chomp on some walnuts. Walnuts are also the oldest tree food known to man with evidence showing that man ate walnuts 10,000 years ago! Who knew?
5) Macadamia nuts have the hardest shell to all other types of nuts, so getting to the nut is pretty tough. Not only that, you can't even pick them from the trees. Macademia farmers have to wait until they fall to the ground. This double whammy of harvesting and processing is why these tasty morsels might seem "pricey."
6) Did you know that it takes up to 30 years for a Brazil nut tree to mature? Not only that, it needs a specific type of bee for pollination. With the ever-growing loss of wild bees the threat to the survival of wild Brazil Nut trees is real.
The holidays are not complete without nuts...or a dried fruit and Freshlife has a huge selection of both. We have what you need for your holiday baking.
Come into Freshlife.
We have you covered this holiday season.
Freshlife Bulk Nut Listing
ALMONDS, ROASTED NO SALT
ALMONDS, ROASTED SALTED
CASHEW BUTTS, ROASTED NO SALT
CASHEW BUTTS, ROASTED SALTED
CASHEW, RAW PIECES
CASHEW, RAW WHOLE
CASHEWS, ROASTED NO SALT
CASHEWS, ROASTED SALTED
PEANUTS, HONEY ROASTED
PEANUTS, REDSKIN SALTED
PEANUTS, ROASTED NO SALT
PEANUTS, ROASTED SALTED
Click here for other great bulk food offerings.
Click here for general information about Freshlife Bulk Foods & Spices